We understand that, at times, things don’t always go right. If you feel that there has been an ethics violation, we encourage you to fill out the form below to report the details and circumstances. This form goes to the Executive Director and will be kept as confidential as possible among the stages of the ethics review. There is no “blacklist” in Badger Region, and there are rules against retaliation. We take this seriously.
Athletes, parents, clubs, officials or other personnel may file a complaint grievance or notice of violation to be reviewed, investigated and kept on file with Badger Region.
This form can bring attention to many things including, but not limited to:
- Player/Club Recruiting Violations
- Ethics Violations
- Eligibility Violations
- Tryout Policy Violations
To file the formal complaint, please fill out the form below. If the violation is more severe in nature, we encourage you to fill out a SafeSport violation. Click here. This report will go to the National Center for SafeSport and will either be accepted and investigated, or sent to the Region for investigation.
The Badger Region does not get involved in any financial or contractual disputes between clubs and their members/families. If there is an element of an ethics violation, please report it, even if it involves financial disputes. That part will be left out of the investigation.
Club Directors and their staff have an obligation to be familiar with the rules, guidelines and ethics codes of Badger Region and USA Volleyball. Lack of awareness, misunderstanding of a rule or standard is not a defense to a charge of wrongdoing. When a Club Director is uncertain whether a particular situation or course of action would violate policy or ethics, the director should consult with knowledgeable authorities. The Badger Region staff welcomes questions.
When a member believes there may have been a violation of the policy or ethics by another member, they should attempt to resolve the issue by bringing it to the attention of that individual if an informal resolution appears appropriate and when intervention does not violate any member rights that may be involved. Parents should consult with club directors to work out an informal resolution, if possible.
If you feel a violation is not appropriate for informal resolution or informal resolution did not resolve the violation properly, you may need to file an official ethics violation. The steps for this process are:
- Contact the Board Member that represents your area (found here). If you feel there is a conflict of interest between the party with the grievance and the Area Rep, contact the Region Office or the Junior Chairperson.
- Your Area Rep may attempt another try at informal resolution of the violation.
- If informal resolution fails again or is not appropriate, your Area Rep will notify the Badger Region office and can assist you in filing the grievance with Badger Region (form below).
- Complete the form below. The form should be submitted with any supporting documents to the Badger Region Office. The report will be reviewed for category of violation and then forwarded to the appropriate Ethics and Eligibility Committee for review. The Ethics and Eligibility Committee will follow the procedures outlined in the Badger Region Due Process Guidelines, found HERE.
Club directors and coaches of USAV/Badger Region must cooperate in Ethics and Eligibility investigations, proceedings and resulting requirements. Failure to cooperate is itself an ethics violation.
NO one should file or encourage the filing of complaints that are frivolous and are intended to harm the respondent rather than to protect the public.
Badger Region does not get involved in contractual or financial disputes. Please know what you are signing before you sign it.