An individual is considered a referee candidate until they have met the requirements outlined below. All candidacy requirements must be completed before a candidate is considered a referee and eligible to accept paid match assignments in Badger Region. Click on each step for additional information/instructions.
In the meantime, all new referees should:
1. Sports Engine membership: click here this is a $55 annual fee. In addition to this you will need a $14 background-screening fee every seasons and this can be done through Sports Engine. Please contact Sara Voigt firstname.lastname@example.org at the Badger Region Office indicating your interest in becoming a Badger Region Official.
2. $25 Referee/Clinic Fee, click here. (updated 9/23/22) This fee allows you access to all online and in-person clinics, a free rule book and the ability to use the online ref-assigning system. High school and college students are exempt from this fee.
3. Attend a Referee Clinic — virtual: (Click here).
4. Complete the online courses and exams: More information coming soon.
5. Pass a formal on-court evaluation: this is a requirement to be considered a certified official (email Sara Voigt to coordinate).
6. Submit an Independent Contractor Form and W9, click here: Badger Region must have these on-file, submitted new each year.
7. Complete the SafeSport Training Course: SafeSport can be added to your Sports Engine membership. Please register for your Safe Sport training when renewing your membership.
When certain that all requirements have been completed, contact Sara Voigt.