Bonnie Stalker: Southwest Rep
Bonnie Stalker was appointed Southwest Rep in the fall of 2022. She has been involved in the sport a long time in some form or another. She started with an officiating and coaching class at UW-La Crosse and her love for it grew from there. She coached when she was a teacher at various levels from high school varsity to middle school. She also says she is passionate about Title IX and advocating for female involvement in sports, as she attended high school when there wasn’t any female competitive sports. Her playing career is limited to 50 years in recreational leagues after high school to a few years ago.
Here’s her bio as best she can remember:
- BS from UW-La Crosse in 1978 in PE and Art with a coaching emphasis;
- MS from UW-Whitewater in school counseling in 1989;
- Teacher and School Counselor in Janesville School District for 34 years, retiring in 2012.
- Coached middle school to varsity high school volleyball (and swim) from 1978 to 2016;
- Coached various indoor volleyball clinics from 1985 to present;
- Started with USAV as a coach & co-director for Milton Aces from 2004-2015.
- Club Director and coach for Crossfire VBC, Milton, WI, 2016 to present.
- Certified USAV IMPACT and CAP I for coaching.
- Officiated WIAA volleyball in the 80s, then again in 2012 to present.
- Officiated club volleyball from 2012-present.
- USAV Provisional Scorekeeper and Provisional Official from 2012 to present.
- Scorer and libero tracker at WIAA State Volleyball Tournament, 2022.
She has been married to a saint of a guy, Keith, for 33 years. She is a diehard Brewers fan, plus Packer, Bucks and UW Badger sports, but especially volleyball fan, of course. She has two grown daughters who played high school and club volleyball. The oldest, Erin, is now a National level USAV scorer and currently coaches with her club, Crossfire VBC. They both continue to play sand and adult indoor volleyball.