In light of recent events, the Badger Region Volleyball Association has expanded its precautionary measures to ensure the safety and well-being of its athletes, spectators, officials and staff.
To quote our friends in the Delta Region:
“Placing our membership and their families at risk during this rapidly-evolving coronavirus emergency just isn’t worth it. It is uncertain that two weeks will be an adequate pause, so please watch your email for updates as they come available. This is uncharted waters for our volleyball community and we all want to do the right thing. Some of these events may be rescheduled, while others in contracted facilities may not be able to obtain a place for a later event.
“We are in this together and what affects one of us affects all of us. Our clubs are the lifeblood of our membership and are the reason we continue to be one of the fastest-growing Regions in USA Volleyball.
“There is a beginning, a middle and an end to all crises. Keeping a positive attitude and embracing good hygiene and social distancing habits remains our best defense. Our prayers are with you and your families as we move toward the end of this challenge.”
Practices, private lessons, tournaments sanctioned by USA Volleyball
- USA Volleyball eliminated the sanctions for all USA Volleyball activities effective 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 13 (updated 3/31/2020).
- The ban is on all USA Volleyball-sanctioned activities through May 22, 2020, including but not limited to tournaments, practices, individual training sessions and anything covered by USA Volleyball insurance. (Updated 5/5/2020). For more information on this and how to sanction virtual practices, click here.
Badger Region Championships
- Weekend 1 (March 14-15) suspended until later notice. CANCELED
- Weekend 2 (March 21-22) suspended until later notice. CANCELED
- Weekend 3 (March 28-29) suspended until later notice. CANCELED
- The Dale Rohde Memorial Boys Volleyball Tournament will not take place this year.
Badger Region High Performance
- Tryouts postponed until further notice for boys and girls.
- When a date and location have been determined, it will be posted on our website and shared on our social media. All currently pre-registered athletes will receive an email when we know more.
Badger Region/AVCA Recruiting Seminar
- Both the March 13 and March 20 recruiting seminars that were slated to be held at the Wisconsin Center are both canceled.
Badger Boys Series
- The final playdate for the Boys 13s slated for March 21 at the Adversity-Wisconsin Training Center has been canceled.
Badger Region Power League
- BRPL scheduled for April 18-19 is canceled due to the March 31 USAV announcement. Club directors will receive a $250 refund per team entered in the league’s last weekend.
Middle school boys clinics
- March 27 at Carthage College – canceled
- March 28 at MSOE – canceled
- April 4 at Concordia Wisconsin – canceled
Wisconsin Volleyball Conference
- WVC Championship planned for April 3-4 has been canceled
- NCVF Championship planned for mid April in Kansas City has also been canceled
- Other USAV Qualifiers: Click here: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/features/usa-volleyball-response-on-coronavirus
- USAV G18s National Championships (May 1-3 in Reno, Nev.): Moved to June 23-25. Event is still in Reno, Nev.
- USAV Adult Open Nationals (May 22-27 in Minneapolis, Minn.): CANCELED (Updated 4/23/2020)
- USAV Girls Junior National Championships (June 24-July 4 in Dallas, Tex.): No update from USA Volleyball at this time.
- USAV Boys Junior National Championships (June 27-July 4 in Reno. Nev.): No update from USA Volleyball at this time.
- Badger Region Beach Qualifier (July 11-12 at North Beach in Racine): Still on as scheduled.
- Badger Region Beach Championships (Aug 8-9 at North Beach in Racine): Still on as scheduled.
Other tournaments or camps in Badger Region
- Please contact your club or tournament director for details. This includes questions about private lessons.
The Small Business Administration is offering disaster assistance loans related to the coronavirus/COVID-19. The link takes the user to a page with an additional COVID Aid link at the top of the page. The user should follow the link. According to the Congressional Research Service, the SBA has defined “Small Business” as (see page 8):
- organized for profit;
- has a place of business in the United States;
- operates primarily within the United States or makes a significant contribution to the U.S. economy through payment of taxes or use of American products, materials, or labor;
- is independently owned and operated;
- is not dominant in its field on a national basis;
- does not exceed size standards established, and updated periodically, by the SBA